Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Planning a Party? Go to Goodwill FIRST

With Halloween, Fall Parties, Thanksgiving and Christmas all right around the corner, we can all use great hostess tips NOW! I will share my big party planning secret with you today.  
There is something I do before every party or special event I host. 

I go to the thrift store.

Sounds easy right? Well. It is the easiest, best way for a host/hostess to save money. And who doesn't want to save money? Even millionaires want to save money! (At least I think so...)
Here are the top items you can find for cheap at Goodwill here in San Antonio:

Drinking glasses. I recently added 3 very nice iittalia brand glasses to my cabinet for only 49 cents each!! Quality glassware at an amazing price. There are always great, heavier weight glasses at the thrift store. Almost every drinking glass I own cost me less than $1. Thanks Goodwill. 


Serving trays are a big score at Goodwill, from metal to ceramic to glass, there are always great serving pieces. I like to scout out white or clear glass since they will match anything.

Candlesticks! These run, on average around $2.99, and my my what a can of spray paint can do. It's like magic! Check out the candlesticks I used in a centerpiece below. Makeover city! 



Cloth napkins and table linens. I always look out for these, as it's such a nice touch to use cloth rather than paper goods...and for almost the same price. I usually pay around 99 cents for cloth napkins. Cost per use is amazing and they really look special at any party. Once mine are ironed and neatly folded, they are party perfect! I often find them in new condition, as I think people are intimidated or think they are old fashioned. 

Those are just a few of the many treasures that await holiday hostesses at Goodwill. What do you look for? 

*Disclosure: I was given a Goodwill gift card in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.