Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Vintage Books for Kids

Once upon a time I found a great old paperback book at the thrift store called Too Much Noise by Ann McGovern. This book was yellowed and brittle with age but the illustrations and repetition of the story are wonderful. The message is even better.
We have read this yellowed copy and it is starting to fall apart. Guess what!? I found a hardcover version at the same thrift store a couple of weeks ago!


I am thrilled because the pages are so vibrant. My son is quite pleased, but I think I might be a bit more excited about this upgrade.

6 comments:

  1. What great finds! I love getting vintage books for Judy. Many times I have been tempted to look them up online to get a new copy, it is great you found a replacement at the same store -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I sometimes look them up on ebay or amazon but just can't let myself pay the $$. These were only 99 cents!

      Delete
  2. I remember this book! There is nothing better than good vintage book finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, its a great book. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I remember this book, too! How fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.