Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Did You Know? 3 Awesome Library Services for Your Family

Recently I attended a meeting for individuals interested in becoming Library Ambassadors. It was so informative and I learned things about the San Antonio Public Library that I had not even heard of before...and we are at the library multiple times a week! All you need is your SAPL card (in good standing). You do have to go to the library in person to get a card that will let you fully access these and other services.
Note: I was in no way asked, required to or compensated for this post. I am genuinely excited and wanted to share my new knowledge with you, San Antonio!

I have been really missing out on treats from their downloadable services, which are super convenient for those busy days!

Check these services (and more) all out here.

hoopla
When they told us about hoopla, all I could think was... wow have I been missing out!
Basically, this is videos, music and audiobooks. There is a hoopla app that you can download to your portable devices to access these resources on the go.
I noticed some Lego titles in movies, as well as an entire library of titles under "Homeschooling"!! For Audiobooks, I noticed awesome current titles, as well as The Magic School Bus, The Secret Garden, Mo Willems, Maurice Sendak and sooo many more. I can't wait to get started.
Borrow times are: Movie and TV content is available for 72 hours (3 days) after borrowing. Music albums are available for 7 days, and audiobooks are available for 21 days.

freegal (rhymes with legal) music
Pretty self explanatory. Free music! Each week, starting on Monday, you can download up to 3 tracks from Freegal. These tracks are yours to keep! Tracks can be downloaded directly from your browser — no additional software required — and can be transferred to any device that supports the MP3 format.

Zinio
Magazines!!
There is no limit to the number of magazines you are able to download, no waiting lists, and no checkout periods.  !!! WOW !!! There are back issues available. Not too much for kids, but there are teen mags here, such as Girl's Life and Seventeen. I can't wait to download Kiplinger's, dwell, Grit, Ok and more.

So much to see and do. Whew! So, did I just rock your library card or what?!
I am not sure what I am more excited about for myself and my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.