Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Keeping it Real: A Home Decor Crisis

Yes, you read correctly.
This is the house that Pinterest did NOT decorate.
A home. decor. crisis. See below. This was actually "in process" but pretty much looks like a typical day, just with more stuff on the floor. Dont judge ;) I admit to being messy.
My open dining room/living room was becoming unlivable and basically a way to get injured with all the loose toys underfoot. The rooms were losing their functions because of both my disorganization and confusion about what I wanted the rooms to be. Do I want my dining room to function as a dining room, a play room, or a library? Why are we missing pieces to every toy with multiple pieces (under the kids table in the dining room). The mirror on the wall was not working, I have a half decorated wall in the entry because I am too lazy to hang the rest of the pictures.
I had a friend, who is an organizer, come over and brainstorm with me about all my problems. Well, my home organizing/decor problems. I had a lot to brainstorm about. She was so calm. She told me "You can do this!"

I didn't believe her.

But then she told me to take ONE THING AT A TIME.
See, I tend to overwhelm myself and start twenty projects at once, only setting myself up to complete exactly NONE of them.
There was something really calming and comforting about someone telling me that its ok to take one project at a time.
So that is what I am in the process of doing.
I moved the dollhouse to my daughter's room, utilized an unused cart for art supplies, and moved the play kitchen to a bare wall.

To finish this "creative dining school room" I need a small dining table and wall art.

I am really pushing myself to finish this weekend, I will share a picture as soon as its done!

Do you have any projects on hold? Let me know in the comments! We can DO THIS!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the progress! You CAN do it as long as you set realistic goals and timelines! You've got a great start, and I can't wait to see all the lovely things you will do with your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.