Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Busy Bag Swap and a DIY!

Recently I took part in 2 busy bag swaps! I was so excited to do this because I have always read about swaps on other blogs and wished I had someone to swap with! Not only did I get a bit crafty, it was fun to get goodies too!
One swap was for toddlers, and the other was for preschoolers. I made lacing cards out of recycled greeting cards for the toddlers, and clothespin color cards for the preschoolers.
Here is what I did:

- Went to Wal-Mart, got lost trying to find the craft section and then confused myself and bought exactly 10 times the amount of felt I actually needed. Plus foam stars that umm...yeah I didn't use those.

- I wanted to make color cards that were substantial to hold, but still very tactile. I felt that using the cardboard from a cereal box just was not enough. So I found a relatively thin box and cut it up. Instead of just coloring the cardboard, I added the felt in squares.

Note: I don't measure anything unless I have to, so I measured nothing and eyeballed everything in this project.
Originally I was going to make the cards as circles but that didn't end up working out.

Lots of squares! I used Modge Podge to glue the felt down.



Done!! My son loved his color card! What do you think?!


2 comments:

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.