Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

What I'm Doing

Monday seems like a good day to catch up with ya'll. So here it is, the first Monday "What I'm Doing" post. Lets yall into my world a bit.

DOING

Finally feeling better. Everyone in our house got hand, foot and mouth virus. I got it the worst. I hope you never have it, it is awful!! So we were stuck inside for about a week. And now I have a cold. Ugh.


MAKING

I recently got 8 lbs of organic strawberries, so I decided to make a strawberry pie. But kept forgetting to buy pie crusts (even after 3 trips to the store for various things), so I ended up making this crust here at Smitten Kitchen because it did not require Crisco. I don't own any Crisco. I don't want to buy any.
Also made strawberry brushetta with ricotta, honey and balsamic vinegar. 
And making a lemon pie because lemon pie is just yummy.
Not sure what else I am going to do with the rest of the strawberries, but I need to decide QUICKLY!

ORGANIZING

I finally got the energy to tackle a huge pile of paper. My personal pile of paper that is not on my desk because laundry covers my desk. Of course. I found my stamps, my coupons, and 4 notebooks with a million lists in them in my pile of paper.
I also ordered my ERIN CONDREN PLANNER!! EEEK!! So excited. I love this planner. I love writing things down with my hands. It makes it oh so real. Seriously this is the best planner evah. Google it. You will love it. (And I use it every day so cost per use makes it totally worth it).

SEARCHING
I am hunting for the best affordable eye cream (so I can afford the planner mentioned above, ha). I am all out of my Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (I love love love it.) but I really need to find something I can buy regularly.
And thrifting. Mainly for picture frames, but I won't walk away from other treasures. =)

THINKING

Quechee Gorge in Vermont. Oh, the air felt amazing when we went there a couple of years ago. I will never forget it.

Missing New England right now. Maybe its the heat here that makes me wish myself back there. Or maybe its because I see my son getting so big so fast and remembering his baby days up there. Maybe that is why he says "car" so funny. He draws it out like "caaaaahhhr".

Praying for inspiration to help others. Listening for God's voice through others and remembering why I am here. Praying for patience and grace.


What are you doing this week? I would like to hear about it!

Have a lovely Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.