Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Fast Makeup in 3 Stages


I have been wanting to share this with my readers for a while now! So excited to finally post this!
As a mom, time to myself, especially in the mornings, is very very limited. We are talking 10-15 minutes to get ready (shower/hair/makeup/clothing) for the day (on a "generous" day). I once read that Martha Stewart takes 20 minutes to perform her "skincare routine" in the shower, and then only spends 10 minutes on makeup. Well, I only have 10 minutes, like many other busy ladies!
This routine is working for me vs. not wearing any makeup. I used to think getting ready (hair/makeup) was all or nothing. If I did not have time for mascara and bronzer I just did not put ANYTHING on. That was a mistake, because a little makeup can really wake your face up and enhance your natural beauty. I am big on enhancing, not making-over...as Bobbi Brown has said many times, makeup is to enhance! I am working when I am caring for my children. I would wear makeup to any other job, so why not this very important job? I am a caretaker and example to my children. I want them to know that taking care of oneself is important too, but not the priority. Most days this routine works, but sometimes I have time for lipgloss in the car, and that is ok too!


Stage 1: Apply undereye cream and moisturizer


Stage 2: Eyeliner and concealer

 Stage 3: Pot Rouge blush (lasts longer than powder blush on me), Lips-bright colors really wake things up!, layer powder blush over pot rouge if I have time
a small child got into my pot rouge!  Color-Chocolate Cherry. The blush on the right is NECTAR. Great color for medium skin!


DONE!

What are your shortcuts? I would love to hear them!

7 comments:

  1. Lately my shortcut has been no make up! But I love that Aveeno moisturizer. And when I do put some on, I add a tinted moisturizer, a bit of concealer and blush, and a bit of black mascara. It takes me probably three minutes and I'm out the door! Sadly, I use the same routine even when I want to look nice (I might just add a bit more blush!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great tips! I'm always looking for ways to shorten the time I get ready but love feeling pretty too. My shortcut recently has been using eyeliner but skipping mascara. I notice that it helps make my eyes pop just enough to brighten my face without needing mascara every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I skip mascara too now, I feel by 3pm its under my eyes and I look scary lol!

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with the Aveeno moisturizer the only one I have found to not leave an oily residue when I go without makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its the best! I was scared when they changed their packaging a while back but its the same inside! whew!

      Delete
  4. Mascara is my bare minimum makeup. I need to re-learn how to do it right. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.