Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Thrifty Summer Bordeom Busters with Goodwill San Antonio

*Disclosure: I was given a $25 Goodwill gift card to purchase items featured in this post* It's that time of year again, school is almost winding down. Don't panic! If you start planning NOW you will be armed with a truckload of fun things to do this summer!
Even if the kids are in day camps, etc, there will always be down time at home, and wouldn't it be nice to entertain them....and save a bundle while doing so?
Head on over to Goodwill!


1) Books- if you are at all familiar with my blog, you know that I have a book addiction problem appreciate good books. I love to be able to add to our family library without spending more than $1 a book! I found these for my kids last week, and I found a couple for myself too (each book was .99)! I have seen new books, current bestsellers, and classics all at Goodwill. Buy a few and stash them away for a wonderfully rainy summer afternoon, or a sunny summer picnic. We always take books on our picnics.

2) Puzzles/Board Games- I have gotten both brand new never opened puzzles at the thrift store and opened games with all the pieces. There are always a TON of board games at my favorite Goodwill. I highly recommend counting pieces before you buy. These items can definitely keep kids busy for a while. And at prices starting at $1.99, who can resist? I got majorly lucky with this awesome $2.99 Melissa & Doug matching alphabet puzzle....and all the pieces are intact!

3) Arts and Crafts Supplies- I recently scored a box of ONE THOUSAND craft sticks for $1.99. Yep, I said ONE THOUSAND. A quick pinterest search ensures that I will never run out of ideas for these this summer.
I also got BRAND NEW Crayola watercolors and finger paints (which my kids promptly begged to use), both $1.99. And always, always look for sketch pads, notebooks and art papers! I got the two paper pads below for 99 cents each. The 50 page one is unused, and the 40 page one is about half full.


I hope this post gave you some great ideas and inspires you to check out your San Antonio Goodwills closest to you. (yes, Goodwills. Because there are oh so many locations and even more treasures!)

2 comments:

  1. This is the main reason I go to GW.. for the kids! I love it cause I can find inexpensive quality items and my kids love it cause mama lets them load up on fun kid stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the fun stuff you found. a little jealous even since its been a while since Ive been able to go thrifting. I love melissa and doug and of course art supplies are always on my list so great finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.