Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Continue the Preparations! My Advent Wreath

Today I am linking up with Sarah Reinhard at CatholicMom.com and showing y'all my Advent Wreath.

Last year I was scrambling around trying to find a wreath at the last minute. I got the LAST ONE at Michael's and I was relieved that it was already "decorated". This year my daughter managed to break a candle (for some reason candles are super fun to play with, unlit of course).

The wreath has been such a wonderful reminder and symbol to all of us in the family that we are waiting. We light the candles one week at a time. We light the candles....we pray. This reminds us that the party is upcoming!
Its funny, because I do all of these things for my children. But I feel like I get so much out of it and I am kicking myself for not doing more earlier in life. The flame draws together, and we have a sense of mystery and anticipation.

How does your Advent wreath center you on the season of waiting?



1 comment:

  1. We purchased a new Advent wreath this year that can also be used during Lent. I still need to find candles to fit it, so it's a little "messy" this year. I'm enjoying a little liturgy in the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.