Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Vintage Coincidence

Did ya think Thrifty Thursday was gone forever on this blog? Ahhh far from it...I have a whole stack of great finds that I can't wait to show you!
In the meantime, check out what happened this week.

I went to the thrift store and found this really cute vintage bag for $3.99. The inside label says Neiman Marcus, I am thinking it was a gift with purchase or something like that? Anyway, the bag is in excellent condition. The reason I spotted it right away was that the fabric is actually a print that I have in my fabric stash!!
A looooong time ago, my grandmother gave me her fabric scraps. I sorted through them, keeping the "vintage" looking ones in a neat little pile and the fabric that matches this bag was at the very top.






I would love to find out more about this print...I am thinking 1970's? What was this bag for? Why is it lined with plastic?
Whatever the answers are, this bag was meant to be mine, and it makes me smile every time I look at it. I am thinking it would make a great library bag.....

2 comments:

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.