Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Barefoot Puts People First

 
Last week, something HUGE happened. A company broke up with Amazon. What company? Well, the company I work with!!

As you might remember, I am an Ambassador for Barefoot Books. Until last week, Barefoot Books (one of the last independently owned children's publishing companies left in the world), announced that they would no longer be selling to Amazon. Victory! I do enjoy shopping on Amazon for heavy items (Prime, baby), but when it comes to books, especially children's books, it is really beneficial to preview them first, before buying. When I think of buying books, I get a warm fuzzy feeling...thinking of sitting down, looking through a book to make sure it is what I want.

In the statement released last week,Nancy, Barefoot's CEO said:

"As entrepreneurs, we admire Amazon and its ground-breaking accomplishments. However, living Barefoot is about creating a sustainable model which enables individuals to build small-scale businesses; it’s about the vitality of intimate relationships and the power of connection. We believe our future lies in supporting other small businesses and in growing our network of independent Ambassador distributors: – developing a community where personal connections matter, where we can bring our books to life for children, and where we can stay true to our values."

If you want to read more, the press release and other related links are HERE.

As a mother and an Ambassador, I am very happy about this news. The reason I started with Barefoot is because the books are so beautiful and the company mission is wonderful. I wish more companies were this awesome!
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.