Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

needle & thREAD

Hello everyone!
Hello Wednesday! Don't you just love a short week?
Today is the day we talk about reading and sewing along with In the Heart of My Home's needle & thREAD series.
i really love to do lists, no matter how simple
ready to be stenciled with paint!

the inside of Mr. Z's tote bag




I read the Secret Lives of Dresses over the long weekend. It was excellent and I am dreaming about the box of vintage buttons described in part of the book. Sewing...well, that is going slooooooow here. Slow sewing. Snail sewing...I seriously had to make a pitiful little to do list. But hey, I got a little tote bag finally done for my son (I started it in June, all I needed to do was sew up the opening!). It feels good to make progress, no matter how small.

needle and thREAD

What are you reading?
Do you sew?

2 comments:

  1. I'm turning a t-shirt into a dress this week but I'm I'm having trouble picking a fabric for the skirt. The shirt is deep purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh fabric picking can take me foreeever!! You could do a lighter purple, or maybe somehow add colorblocking of other purple shades. I would love to see a picture when you are done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.