Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Weekly Reading Basket October 28 #kidlit

It's been a bit since I have shared weekly book favorites here on the blog, but if you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen some recent recommendations. Follow me @SevenLovelyThings to stay updated, if you like.
Today I am actually blogging! About books! Yay!
Three books we read in the past week really stood out, and here they are! 


1. Charley Harper's Count the Birds by Zoe Burke
I purchased this at the McNay museum shop here in San Antonio. I love their selection of both books and everything else. Whoever the buyer is does a great job of keeping things fresh.
This is a board book with bright, captivating colors- the illustrations are amazing...this is art, after all. Birds are something my toddler is obsessed with (probably because "bird" is part of her vocabulary). The book also features birds that are new to me and have fun to pronounce names. The counting makes the book last past the toddler stage and the rhymes are quick, upbeat and just wonderful.
 
2. Drive: A Look at Roadside Opposites by Kellen Hatanaka is a bright, fun book. Keep in mind this is an opposite book so think "in/out" on each page rather than a long story. This is more than 20 pages and my son loved the map at the back and the "hidden" dinosaur bones on a page pair. A stunning book, in my opinion. Great for a wide age range. 

3. The Fierce Yellow Pumpkin by Margaret Wise Brown
This book perfect for this time of year. It was a little bit almost scary but not with my six-year-old enjoyed. A fun story about a fierce little pumpkin. This would be nice to own and bring out around Halloween.


Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.