From the ConKerr website :
Thousands of ConKerr Cancer volunteers in over 120 cities dedicate themselves to brightening these children’s lives through the simple act of sewing a bright, cheery pillowcase. As a result of their love and generosity, ConKerr Cancer has delivered more than 950,000 pillowcases in just seven years to 250 hospitals throughout the country, creating ‘miles of pillowcase smiles’ for the children and their parents.This San Antonio branch of ConKerr Cancer started in September 2014 and has already made and donated 300 pillowcases...all with just 3 very active members! Right now, the main recipient is Children's Hospital of San Antonio.
The group is new, so it can really use your donations, and here are the many ways to do so:
- LIKE on Facebook at ConKerr Cancer- San Antonio Chapter
- Go HERE and select the San Antonio chapter when you donate.
- Gallon size plastic bags (for giving the pillowcases to the hospitals)
- Detergent (Free of dyes and perfumes)
- If you don't sew but still want to help, you can wash and or iron the sewn pillowcases!
- If you have any questions, please contact Sandi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Church Office at Shepherd of the Hills Church (on Wurzbach Parkway)
Sew Little Time in New Braunfels
The goal is to grow ConKerr Cancer San Antonio chapter to be able to reach more kids in more hospitals all over town. Thanks in advance for your help, San Antonio!