Included in the bag is the most gorgeous Plenty by Tracy Reese black and cream eyelet skirt ever...it pained me to send it off but that skirt NEVER fit me. I donated at least 20 pieces to Goodwill, and still have a small pile here that I am deciding what to do with.
I have also separated out items that will not be in the Fall Capsule and put them in a separate closet.
Items did not make the cut but are being kept because of the following:
- I will be in the postpartum phase and need comfy, forgiving, nursing friendly clothes
- I have 2 special occasion dresses that I need in my arsenal
- A couple of sweaters that will be too warm for fall
- Silk tops that are not nursing friendly
- Pink tops -- I felt they are not going to go well with my navy/neutral/black color scheme for fall, but will definitely wear them in the spring
There are a lot of maybes right now. The only definite piece I have is my diaper bag. I have 4 pairs of jeans and one pair of stretchy pants that I am not sure about, because they are in a range of sizes.
I will be able to make a final decision on these soon. I still have 27 pieces in my potential fall wardrobe. There are big gaps that I am finally able to realize because of this project. I have "stuff" but not the right stuff. When you carefully consider each piece, and how it will be worn, it makes a difference in what you buy! Just "grabbing something at Target" usually does not mean "careful consideration". Dresses and woven shirts are a big gap in my wardrobe, as well as shoes. There is too much pink. I have belts. Why do I have belts?!
Stay tuned next week (or maybe even later this week!) and I will have a vlog showing you what is staying and what is being stored in the extra closet!