Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

What I Read In 2013

As 2013 comes to an end, I am sharing what I read this year (and linking up with Carrots for Michaelmas, go check it out).
I certainly would have liked to read more than I did, and know that I will have a better plan for that in 2014!
WhatIReadIn2013 

This list was harder to compile than I thought it would be! I am thankful for my Amazon Kindle list and  It was nice to remember the books as I typed them out though. And I am sure I missed a couple, but that is what I get for not updating Goodreads, now isn't it?

  1. My New American Life by Francine Prose
  2. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
  3. The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean
  4. The Island by Elin Hildebrand
  5. Maine by Courtney J. Sullivan
  6. Falling Together by Marisa de los Santos
  7. Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion by Elizabeth L. Cline
  8. The Year We Left Home by Jean Thompson
  9. The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner
  10. Land of My Heart by Tracie Peterson
  11. Far Away Home by Susan Denning
  12. She Wore Only White by Dorthe Binkert
  13. 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline by Thomas Phelan
  14. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
  15. The Reserve by Russell Banks
  16. Lucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani
  17. The Shoemakers Wife by Adriana Trigiani
  18. Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn by Melanie Shankle
  19. The Girl Who Came Home: A Titanic Novel by Hazel Gaynor
  20. The Cheesecake Queen by Miranda Koerner
  21. The Well Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer
  22. Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum by Laura Berquist
  23. Catholic Homeschooling By Mary Kay Clark
I would love to see what you read this year!

10 comments:

  1. I used to keep a running tab on my blog of what I read; I can never remember! I might need to get back to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep a reading log in a little Badtz Maru notebook. I try to write down each book as soon as I finish. Hey, I finished a book last night, need to go write it down . . .

    "Who's Badtz Maru?" Glad you asked! http://www.sanrio.com/characters-badtz-maru/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a handwritten list is a great idea. I had to follow the link and then I was like "Aha!" I didn't know that Badtz Maru had a name!!

      Delete
  3. You did way better than I did this year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought that Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum book! Did you like it? I haven't started it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog! I did like it, I feel like it is a must have! Our library copy was actually missing pages which made me sad but I need to buy this one for sure. Not as specific in terms of daily plans but a great book.

      Delete
  5. Love to see your homeschooling reads at the end. What did you think of 23?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I almost forgot all about them! A must read, but not as specific in terms of logistics as I would have liked.

      Delete
  6. Great list. The Joy Luck Club was one of the few required books I enjoyed in highschool. How was 1,2,3 parenting? Was it magic, because I could use some of that:). My goal for the year was 50 books but I was a little short. I love that the library keeps track for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1-2-3 book was amazing. I need to reread it though! ESSENTIAL!!
      How does the library keep track?! I was trying to remember the library books I had read!

      Delete

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.