Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

KCW (Kid's Clothes Sewing Week) Progress: Day 1

My original plan was to sew two costumes and a dress. Buuuut I found this cute tutorial on how to make leggings and my daughter reallllly needs bottoms so I am adding to the list. I ended up only "sewing" for 30 minutes today (aka cutting out a cape for the Skippyjon Jones costume) instead of the intended 60 minutes.

KCW LIST:
Oliver & S Class Picnic Blouse (make as dress)
Cords or corduroy skirt
Leggings
Skinny Jeans (not from scratch, alter existing pair)
Mouse Costume
Skippyjon Jones Costume

Also, I went to the local fabric outlet and scored some majorly awesome fabric and lace trim for $30 total. Ohh plus buttons. Check it.
The buttons were 10 for $1 and then 20% off, I got 4 yards of lace trim, and 3 yards of this fabulous feeling pinstripe, some gold metallic brocade, flocked gold sheer organza, red cotton with gold stripes, and red fabric with gold glitter dots. I got at least 2 yards of everything. I am so excited to plan and sew even more, probably beyond KCW.



4 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of those who can sew. Awe, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great patterns and textures! I can't wait to see how everything turns out! Also, I will seek you out when I am ready to learn how to sew :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spent the evening hand-sewing parts of the girls' costumes. Can't wait to see yours take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I knew how to sew! Looks like you're having great fun with Kids' Clothes Sewing Week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.