Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Sewing Challenge Week 4: Progress and Reflection


Just finishing up the armhole facings and about to sew up the side seams!
I have been thinking a lot about sewing lately, since I am taking my time and not stressing myself out over what I want to accomplish. I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying this slow process. Some might ask "Why sew when you can buy at (insert cheap store name here) for less money and time?" My answer is this: Because I can. Because I want to. Because, as a seamstress, I enjoy the quality of a well made garment. I am taking my time with my little dress, choosing seam finishes that will make the garment beautiful inside and out (bias bound seams for this dress!!). However, this does not mean that I am going to make every single item for my children. It is a special hobby that I can share with the children by giving them garments made with love.
There is a special binder I have full of samples of things like seam finishes, pockets, buttonholes, etc. from college that I made. I was always really meticulous in my samples and I hope to eventually get back to that point with my finished garments.
I chose to do a flat felled seam for the shoulder seam, the rest will be bias bound

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your lovely thoughts.